Thursday, June 16, 2011

#195 Head Rush

I occasionally have head rushes. For those who have no idea what I’m talking about, a “head rush” is when you get up too fast and it takes several seconds for the blood to get to your head. In the meantime you can't see anything - your vision goes to black. I used to get them more when I was younger, but now usually get them when I’m getting out of shape or am a bit dehydrated. Once I was in a doctor’s waiting room sitting for a while and when they called my name I stood up and couldn’t see a thing. I didn’t want anyone to know so I kept walking very slowly until I could see again. It’s a miracle I didn’t walk into a wall. Although I actually did walk into a wall at home. Usually when I get them I bend over and put my head down by my knees. Not the best look. I’ve done this in front of my friends after getting out of a car. They all take off in the parking lot and I’m standing by the car bent over.

No comments:

Post a Comment