Monday, June 13, 2011

#191 What a Racquet

At the age of 42 I recently bought my very first tennis racquet. My previous racquets include a Wilson my parents bought me in the ninth grade when I played on my first and only team (my coach used to give us scratch and sniff stickers to put on our racquet covers when we won) and another Wilson that had been used at youth clinics and was given to me by a co-worker who felt sorry for me because I still played with a racquet from the ninth grade.

Over the years I’d thought about buying a racquet but never followed through because I didn’t know what kind to get. There are so many! After 18 weeks of group lessons and playing with several loaners at the club (Dunlop, Prince, Wilson, Babolat and Head) I finally chose the Head Extreme MP. I had lots of help from the pro shop staff. I love my new racquet. My last group lesson was in May. I picked up the racquet after the lessons ended so haven't actually played against anyone with it. I did use it once hitting against a machine. Since the sub thing hasn't worked out so far, I keep looking at it sitting in the corner in its matching bag. It looks lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment