Sunday, March 6, 2011

#161 Ben & James

No, I'm not talking about a new kind of ice cream (although I am a fan of Ben & Jerry's). I'm talking about Ben and James Taylor. James was in town last Saturday with "very special guest, Ben Taylor", his son. And what a show it was. Kathy signed up for some fan page and scored us pre-sale tickets in Orchestra Row B at The Murat. Best seats I've ever had for a show. Thank you Kathy, and thank you Jesus!





James came out and sang a couple songs by himself. Then Ben and the band joined in. They rotated songs after that and would sing one James song and one Ben song. Lots of witty dialog in between. It was so cool to see them singing and interacting together.





Ben has been to Indy with his band in the past (Ben Taylor Band) but for whatever reason I didn't go. He is definitely on my list of must see in the future. And he's my new crush. I've had a little crush on James for a while, but he's happily married. Ben is single, 6'5" and more in my age range. :-) As one reporter described him, he "looks rather like a sexy Amish man with his goatee beard and air of whimsical intensity." That hits the nail on the head.



It was also good to catch up with Kathy. She's so busy with her boys I don't get to see her much. I know she'll always get out to see James!

This is my fifth time to see James. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment