Monday, December 20, 2010

#134 Big

"Big" is one of my favorite movies. Tom Hanks plays a young boy who wished he was big, then wakes up one morning and he is a 30-year-old man.

The past couple days I've been around lots of kids (mostly from Saturday's basketball games). They are great in that they just say what's on their mind. So when they see me they immediately tell their mom/dad, "She's big!" Since they are kids and have no filters yet, it doesn't annoy me. Their parent's are usually embarrassed though. I usually smile and go on my way.

I suppose I'm used to it. Melissa, one of my friends from high school, used to call me Big Girl back in school. When her two boys were small (around 6 or 7), I would see her and the boys from time to time and they'd run to me and say, "Hi Big Girl!"

No comments:

Post a Comment