Monday, April 26, 2010

#65 New Palestine Prom

Saturday night was New Palestine’s prom. Both Aaron and Megan went to the prom (not together!) and a group of their friends came over before prom to have pictures taken. The photographer was Cheryl Weldon from Fishers (www.cherylweldon.com) who also took Aaron’s graduation pictures (which turned out awesome!). It was fun to see everyone look so nice and be so excited for a dress-up night. Well, at least the girls were excited.





Seeing all the kids brought back memories of my own prom. I was determined to go and had a dress made even before I had a date! I knew I wouldn't be able to buy a dress off the rack that was long enough. I enlisted the talents of my grandma's friend who was a seamstress. I was a senior and went with a junior who was in one of my classes and was a swimmer.



Some people say prom is overrated. If you think of it as a fun night out with your friends playing dress up, it can be a really fun night. I had a good time at my prom and am glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment