Thursday, November 8, 2012

#316 I Vote, I Count (I Knock Myself Out)

This past Tuesday I arrived at my voting location at 6 a.m.  There were about 20 people in front of me outside the building.  Since they combined precincts a year or so ago, the lines have been longer and the room is not very large so the line extends outside.  The line moved fairly fast and as I was about halfway to the door I noticed there was a canopy over it.  Once I actually got to the door and started to step in, I hit my forehead lightly on the front of the canopy.  Sigh.  I used my usual self-defense mechanism (humor) to make light of my embarrassment.  I turned to the woman next to me, an older woman topping out at maybe 5 feet, and said, “Watch your head.”  She gave a great belly laugh.  Mission accomplished.  Probably the only laugh of the morning at that polling station.   

No comments:

Post a Comment