Sunday, November 8, 2009

#9 Shoes, Part Deux

I've never thought of myself as much of a writer, even though I have kept a journal periodically over the years. This blog may take the place of the journal, or it may even inspire me to start it up again.

What does writing have to do with shoes, you might ask? In thinking about my latest posting and women's fascination with shoes, it brought to mind one of my favorite fictional writers - Carrie Bradshaw from HBO's "Sex and the City." She thought nothing of spending $500 on a pair of fabulous Manolos or Jimmy Choos. I do NOT spend that much on shoes. I admit, I spend enough, but I have my limits.

It used to be more difficult to find size 12 shoes but it's really not that hard anymore. The hard part now is trying to find a particular type of shoe. I used to say that if I found a fabulous pair in my size it was a sign from God that I HAD to buy them. I really can't say that anymore, but I sometimes still do. Ha!

Speaking of the above-mentioned Manolos, once while in Saks Fifth Avenue at Keystone at the Crossing, I tried to be funny and asked the sales person if they carried a particular Manolo in a size 12. I was with my friends Julie and Krista doing a little post-Christmas shopping. I was ready to act disappointed, when the salesperson said they DID come in 12s. What?! "Ummmm, well, thank you." Exit store. The joke was on me!

So back to Carrie. Not that my lifestyle is anything like hers, but there are parts of that character I can definitely identify with. And we share the love of great shoes and writing (if you can call my gibberish writing). AND the title of my blog was partly from the show title and partly from a song by Nick Gilder that played in one episode.

Until the next shoe sale...

No comments:

Post a Comment