Tuesday, November 3, 2009

#6 Flash Drive Debacle

I am not a super technical person but do my best to keep up with things technology-based, such as a digital camera (check), keeping track of my photos on an E: drive and CDs (check) and even my latest adventure - the ipod (check, thanks to my niece, Megan). I have done fairly well with all of this...until yesterday. With all the happenings of the Halloween weekend I was organizing my photos on an old work-issued E:drive. All was going splendidly when I received an error message upon inserting said E:drive to make further updates. A message came up telling me I had to format it before I could use it. I don't know much, but I do know that formatting erases everything. I enlisted some IT help today and the outcome was not good - the darn thing is toast. I had quite a few photos on this drive and most were my only copies. Something made me unclick the button "delete after copying" when copying from my camera, so I do have my Halloween pictures. Let this be a lesson to all of you - make sure you have back ups of back ups and don't wait too long before saving to a CD. I am also dabbling in flickr to give me even more back up power. Now if I could just figure out how to link from my blog to flickr...

No comments:

Post a Comment