Friday, December 21, 2012

#328 She Works Hard For The Money

I stopped at Meijer on my way home from my parent’s Wednesday night and got in one of the self checkout lanes with no item limit.  The woman in front of me needed assistance so I switched to another lane.  The woman in that lane was paying with cash.  She had a stack of some 5’s and mostly one’s and proceeded to insert each bill one at-a-time into the slot.  She made sure the corners were not bent and had to put them in facing the correct way.  Sigh.  I appreciate people paying with cash and it’s her right to do that and take five minutes to pay for her items, but holy cow.  I started reading the magazine covers and found out Drew Barrymore had a baby in September.  Huh! 

When it was my turn to check out, I needed assistance with a rain check.  The guy that came over to help me was my height (albeit around 19) and after he helped me he asked how tall I was.  I told him and he smiled and said he was also 6'6" and then said, "Cool!"  Yes, it is cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment