Wednesday, October 26, 2011

#228 Sign, Sign, Everywhere A Sign

I believe in signs. I believe God sends them to me just when I need them most. I don’t get signs often, so when I do see one, I know it and I realize its meaning. I don’t really ask for signs that often either. Usually when I do I don’t get it right when I want it. Then later on it just appears. Wham-o.

My first big sign came in high school. I was trying to decide which college to attend. I had a few in mind but it’s a huge decision for a 16-year old. I prayed a lot about what to do and eventually asked God for a sign. I had lived in the area around my high school most of my life and had travelled the roads to my school many times. One day I drove down the residential entrance and for the first time noticed a street sign, “Auburn Drive”. Some time later a girl walked into my English class with an Auburn sweatshirt on. Her sister went to Auburn. The last sign was in a book I was reading for class – it mentioned a girl with auburn hair. Wham-o, I’m going to Auburn! Now, I did evaluate each school I was interested in and made sure they would be good fits for me, but I must say the thing that pushed me over the edge was the three signs. I had a wonderful experience at Auburn and can’t imagine having gone anywhere else.

My next big signs were related to a boy I met at Auburn. One came while we were in school, one came about 14 years later. Both came out of nowhere, but I had all the confidence in the world once I saw them that something wonderful would happen. It did. Twice. It didn’t last forever, as I had hoped, but I don’t regret a thing.

Now to my most recent sign. I won’t go into too much detail, other than to say it’s about another boy. (Ok, he’s over 40). I’ve been over-analyzing things like women tend to do. Finally last night, while driving to play tennis, I asked for a sign to make me feel better. Then I went to tennis and forgot about it. After tennis, wham-o! There’s my pink, flamigoed sign. Thank you God! And thank you too, Ava.

1 comment: