Monday, October 24, 2011

#227 Napoleon's Dynamite Ride

Last Saturday I led a Central Indiana Bicycling Association (CIBA) ride on the southeast side of town.

The ride went very well, once it got started. It was my own fault, but I had a pretty hectic morning. I put off making copies of the map and when I got to Office Depot at 8 a.m. Saturday I saw that they open at 9 a.m. on the weekends. I had to be at the site (well, was supposed to be at the site) at 9 a.m. I drove downtown to work to make copies (yes, I plan to repay them) but was then stuck in traffic due to a running event. Agh!!! I thought I had avoided it! It was 8:45 a.m. and I had 15 minutes to get to the start. After five minutes of praying and freaking out, I asked the policeman directing traffic if he could let the guy in front of me turn right so I could also turn right to get going. He said there was a break in runners coming up and he would let us through. HUGE sigh of relief. I made it to the highway and then hit Southeastern Avenue. TRAIN. OMG. Turned around, went to Washington Street and proceeded to get to Southeastern another way. I finally made it to the start site at 9:15 a.m. in time to use the church bathroom and be back at my car before the first person arrived. Whew!

After the rocky start , all was well. The day was sunny and fairly warm, about 30 riders showed up and they all seemed to enjoy the ride. Krista and Julie helped me at the rest stops. Thanks ladies! Until next year!

Almost forgot - why is it Napoleon's Dynamite Ride? The route passes a llama farm. "Tina! Come get some dinner!"

No comments:

Post a Comment