Sunday, February 28, 2010

#48 I'm Just Wild About Harry

I became a Harry Connick, Jr. fan after watching one of my all-time favorite movies, "When Harry Met Sally." Harry contributed heavily to the soundtrack. Like one of his songs, he is "Heavenly," both in looks and in voice.



I was lucky enough to see him in concert several years ago (2004?) at the Murat Theatre for a Christmas show. It turns out a good friend of mine, Diane, has a HCJr. connection. Her cousin's son is Harry's stage manager. Or was, I'm not sure if he is anymore. Julie and I had the opportunity to get really good seats to the show and then waited with the family after the show for a meet and greet. He was so sweet - he made a beeline to granny, the stage manager's grandmother, and gave her a big hug. Once he made his way to us, I smiled and said, "I'm your 'biggest' fan!" I thought I was being very clever but he didn't seem especially amused. He did pose for a picture. He's pretty close in height to Jim Harbaugh, but again, happily married (to Jill Goodacre, a former Victoria's Secret model).

I think we saw him on one other occasion, and was excited to see that he was in town this year. Yesterday, actually. Unfortunately I had to work all day/night yesterday and missed the show. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment