Monday, February 15, 2010

#45 Black Sunday

I jokingly call any Valentine's Day "Black whatever-day-it-is" (Black Monday, Tuesday, Sunday). I've never been in a relationship during Valentine's Day. One of my boyfriends broke up with me the week before! I admit that I usually feel a little down during the day not having someone to celebrate with. However, this year I didn't really think about it as much. Maybe it was because the sun was shining brightly on the snow. Maybe it was because I was busy making the candy bouquets for Aaron and Megan. I do believe that the best cure for feeling bad about anything in your own life is to do something for someone else.





I spent the afternoon at my parent's house and Paul and the kids dropped by. They loved their bouquets!

P.S. Aaron told me what his friend, Eric, got his girlfriend for Valentine's Day last Friday -- he bought 11 bunches of bananas and put them in her desk in their journalism class, along with a stuffed monkey and a card that said, "I'm bananas for you." How sweet is that?

No matter what your relationship situation, I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment