Tuesday, July 2, 2013

#350 Sammy Terry

Sammy Terry died yesterday at age 83.  For those who are not familiar, he was a television personality who hosted Nightmare Theatre on a local TV channel from 1962 to 1989.  The station showed a horror movie and during commercials Sammy would talk to the audience and his pet spider, George.  His name was a play on the word "cemetery."

I didn't watch him much, but remember one time when I did and he scared the crap out of me.  I was in the 6th or 7th grade and was at a sleepover.  The other girls wanted to watch the show.  Against my better adolescent judgement, I watch part of the beginning, which freaked me out, so I went back to my room. The house was really big and old, with creaking wood floors.  I just knew that something was going to "get" me on my walk back.  Somehow I survived the night. 

R.I.P Sammy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment