Wednesday, June 5, 2013

#348 The Cramps

Yesterday I had a tennis league match and it went to a tiebreak set.  I was pretty tired when I got home.  I woke up in the middle of the night with a shin cramp.  Agggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh!  Man, that hurt!!  I finally had to get up and try to walk it off.  Later in the night I got another, smaller, cramp that didn’t last as long.  I need to buy some bananas. 

As a side note, I learned that there was a punk band called The Cramps.  Interesting…

Oh, and I lost the match 6-3, 2-6, 8-10 in the tiebreak.  We played in Zionsville and they were very good.  Our only "win" was because their #2 singles person had to forfeit.  :-) 

My person was really good.  We were evenly matched, but she was way better at placing the ball and passing me at the net.  And making me move all over the court.  It didn't help that I'm not really in prime tennis shape (obviously, since I'm waking up with shin cramps).  We had some long rallies. 

I am happy that my attitude was better last night, thanks in part to me reading "The Inner Game of Tennis."  I'm not done yet but so far, so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment