Tuesday, February 19, 2013

#336 Where Are We Going?

I heard an interesting story on the radio last night while driving home. I was scanning stations and ended up on 90.5 (K-LOVE), a Christian station. The DJ told a story he heard from a friend. His friend was running errands one day with his small child and they made several stops. At each stop they took the child out of the car seat, then put them back in to go to the next place. Eventually I think they were going to a sporting event.  In the car seat, out of the car seat, etc. The child didn’t complain and just went along for the ride.

Finally the child asked, “Where are we going?” The parent told them they were going to a basketball game. “Ok.” And that was it. They trusted their parent to take care of them and get them to where they were supposed to go.

The DJ then spoke about how we humans sometimes are unhappy with where we are in life. We’d like a better job, a bigger house, a nicer car. We often question God as to why things happen the way they do. I know I have my own questions for God now and then. Why didn’t that relationship work? I love my job, but is there something else I could be doing?

This story is a good reminder to have the faith of a child and trust God that we are where we are supposed to be.  There may be some bumps in the road and we may have to get in and out of the car seat numerous times. But God is with us all the way and we have to trust in His plan for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment