Monday, March 5, 2012

#270 IHSAA State Finals

Last weekend I went to my first IHSAA girls basketball state finals in 28 years. Yikes!! My high school team went in 1984 and we lost in overtime by one point. Booo! This time the ending was better.

I started off the weekend by driving to Terre Haute in a storm (complete with hail) to speak at the state finals banquet. It was a lot of fun seeing the girls all excited and I hope that they got something out of my speech.

Saturday I slept in for the first time in a couple weeks, hit the mall and then sat in the hotel lobby for a few hours watching Auburn-LSU men on TV and reading. Paul and Lori picked up Megan and met me at the hotel, then we walked to the Hulman Center.

Concordia Lutheran took on Mount Vernon. It was a very exciting game and went down to the wire. Mount Vernon took a little bit of a lead the first quarter but the Cadets came back and tied at halftime. Concordia came out firing and took the lead and after that it was back and forth. Tie, up by two, tie. Finally Mount Vernon had to foul and Concordia hit all their late free throws to pull out the win. So exciting!! Lori was a mess. Megan moved up at halftime to sit with other friends and said it was her lucky seat. To cap off the day, our friend Lauren (Paul's friend's daughter) won the mental attitude award. After the postgame celebration, we went back to the team hotel to hang out for a while before heading home. What a fun, exciting weekend!!

Go Cadets! We believe that we will win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment