Friday, March 2, 2012

#269 Frampton Comes to Indy!

After I had seen a TV segment about Peter Frampton (Post No. 265), I then saw in the paper last Thursday that he was coming to town the following week (March 1). Holy cow! I really wanted to see him, but had so much going on I didn't think I could fit it in my schedule. The next day at work I kept thinking about it and looked up tickets. I found seats in Orchestra Center Row A for sale. Holy cow! I have no explanation, but I felt compelled to go to this concert. I decided to walk around the office and ask people one-by-one if they liked Peter Frampton. I asked Mary and she said no. Next up - Nancy. She said yes! It turns out she had watched the segment on CBS Sunday Morning too! And she has his album I'm In You (she brought it in this past Monday). I checked a couple other websites and found tickets in the same row a little cheaper and we got them. Holy cow!

The concert was last night. It. Was. Awesome. We sat stage right in Row A, behind two rows of chairs in the orchestra section. They did the entire Frampton Comes Alive album along with other songs. The show was three hours with one very short break and one encore. Now, I'm one of those people who usually gets annoyed with really long guitar solos, but this was different. This was Frampton. (Since when did I become such a guitar lover???) One song was so cool - it was guitar harmony - he played alongside Adam Lester. There was one guitar solo song toward the end that was kinda too long, but I think I was just getting tired. His band was great and Nancy and I both especially liked Rob Arthur on keys, guitar and vocals. So talented and pretty cute too.

Frampton was just awesome. Sounds great. Plays even greater. He's 61 but sometimes looks like a kid just having a blast with his guitar. Cameras were not allowed. The show was recorded and you could buy it for $35 and have it sent to you. I didn't do that. Anyway, I did find a pic on his website that looks just like the Murat, even though this one is in Germany. If this was our concert, my head would have been right under the keyboard player.



Thanks for going on this adventure with me Nancy! I never imagined I could find someone to go with - the stars definitely aligned for this once-in-a-lifetime experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment