Friday, September 24, 2010

#107 Maternity Leave

I was forwarded an interesting phone call yesterday. The caller was surprised I answered the phone because they were told I was on maternity leave. Hmmm. I replied, "That's interesting because I've never been pregnant." After laughing about it with a co-worker, she reminded me about the other woman in the building with my first name and last initial. I had forgotten about her!

We used to get each others calls (we do work in different departments) and I would always think for a second I'd lost my mind. I'd answer and the person would say something like, "I talked to you yesterday about blah, blah, blah," and they'd go on about our conversation. I'd sit there thinking, "I have no idea who this person is and have no recollection of talking to them!" Then I'd say, "Are you wanting to talk to so and so?" Mystery solved. Well, "so and so" left, then came back, and she was fairly pregnant when I saw her last. Mystery solved again. And the baby loves clothes from the Gap in case you're wondering. Not Baby Gap; regular Gap. :-)

1 comment:

  1. haha, that's funny. i'm sure the baby likes extra tall pants too ;-)

    ReplyDelete