Monday, March 21, 2016

#416 Everybody's Working For The Weekend

I have become increasingly annoyed with small talk at the office.  It’s not so much when people talk about the weather (it’s either too hot or too cold – it’s Indiana!  Get used to it!) or last night’s game or television show.  That’s fine with me.  What really annoys me is when people complain about it being Monday, that we’re “almost there” when it’s Wednesday or are super excited that it’s Friday. 

I agree that Monday is probably my least favorite day of the week, just because I have to go back to work.  For the record, I really do like my job.  But it’s not Monday’s fault.  It didn’t choose to be the first workday. 

What can I say about Friday?  People are more relaxed.  Sometimes you get to leave early.  We can wear jeans at work now.  Friday has it easy!  Yesss! It’s Friday! 

What I don’t agree with is wishing your week away.  There are some really good things that happen each week.  I play tennis one day a week and love that day because of it.  I also happen to sometimes look forward to Monday nights because that’s when The Bachelor (or The Bachelorette or even Bachelor In Paradise) airs. 


Time passes fast enough as it is.  I don’t want to wish my Mondays through Thursdays away and just live/work for the weekend.  I want to savor each day for what it is – a gift from God.  This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it!  (Psalm 118:24)  No matter what day it is!  

No comments:

Post a Comment