Thursday, February 28, 2013

#338 Yesterday

All my troubles seemed so close to me. Here is a recap of my yesterday:

The morning started out great. I got up time and had a really good weight workout ending with some back exercises and stretching.

My mattress was scheduled to arrive yesterday. They called Tuesday to give me a three-hour delivery window – 10:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. They were to call 30 minutes prior to arriving at my house. I told them previously to call my cell number (I can get home in 20 minutes). I was proactive and called again Tuesday night to confirm they would call my cell number. Did they call my cell number? Of course not.

Trusting they would do as I twice asked them to do, I went to a meeting from 10 to 10:30 a.m. When I got back to my desk, I saw my parent’s home number on my phone screen, showing they’d called. Apparently the driver called my home number and left a message at 10:07 a.m., saying they would arrive in 15 minutes (not 30). Thankfully, my dad got there at 10 a.m. Unfortunately, he forgot about my security alarm and it went off. 

I did drive home to see how they set the bed up and spent my lunch hour re-making my bed, cleaning the floor, moving my nightstand back, etc. I lay down for about two seconds on the new mattress and then went back to work.

Back at work, I sent the wrong password to someone two times before I got the right one. Ack!

I stopped at my parents after work to have dinner. After dinner I put some things in my trunk before we headed to a Lenten service, and noticed that my driver’s seat was fully reclined. As in Van Halen, “ease the seat back” reclined. I have electric seats and while the forward/backward button worked, the up/down button did nothing. Are you serious?! My dad drove to church so I silently prayed all would be miraculously ok when I returned. 

After we got back to my parent’s house I tried the seat again. Voila! It worked! I did the same exact thing as earlier in the night so I have no idea what happened. My car is a little on the old side and maybe things are starting to wear out. Regardless, I was so thankful all was ok and I didn’t have to spend time/money at a car repair shop today. Thank you Jesus!

Got home at 9 p.m., just in time to watch Modern Family. I sure needed some laughs!

Oh yeah, I had a great night’s sleep on my new mattress!

No comments:

Post a Comment