Friday, July 10, 2020

#490 My Sweetheart


Two years ago, my niece, Megan, got married.  This past January, it was my nephew Aaron’s turn.  Most couples get married in warmer months, so when they announced their wedding date, I asked him, “Why January?”  I received a typical Aaron answer, “We don’t like to be hot.”  It’s true – they don’t.  Aaron sweats like crazy.  When he played outside as a little boy, his thick brown hair was always soaked.  So, January it was! 

They put together this "puzzle" during the ceremony.  

Their ceremony and reception were held at The Nest Event Center.  Just as Megan’s wedding was held on a beautiful summer day, Aaron’s wedding was on a beautiful winter day, complete with a sprinkling of snow flurries.  It was a nice day for a white wedding. 

I'm pretty good at the married couple shot.


Most marriage vows include the words, “for better, for worse.”  Despite the joyfulness of Aaron and Tracy’s wedding day, there was an underlying sadness.  Tracy’s father, Harley Bontrager, passed away unexpectedly at age 66 exactly one week before their wedding.  My heart broke for Aaron and Tracy, and for Tracy’s sisters and the rest of their family.  I am so proud of how they handled themselves.  They took the worst thing that could have happened, leaned on each other, and created a special day.  






I am so happy for the sweethearts, and wish them God’s blessing on their marriage.  Cheers to Mr. and Mrs. Godby! 




No comments:

Post a Comment