Thursday, February 21, 2019

#473 The Year of 50


Most of 2018 encompassed my 50th year.  I turned the big 5-0 last October.  I felt no qualms when turning 30 or 40.  (For some reason, turning 46 was weird for me.)  How did I feel about 50?  One friend in particular turned 50 before me and was not happy.  I felt perfectly fine about it early in the year, when my birthday seemed so far away.  Did my outlook change as the actual date approached?  When it was my turn? 

The year progressed, my friends in the 50-club planned their trips (my mom asked, “Why does everyone want to go somewhere for their 50th birthday?”), and I went along for the ride. 

What did I do?  A few years ago I decided that I would throw a Halloween party for my 50th birthday.  I love Halloween and have always wanted to throw my own party.  But this wouldn’t be just any Halloween/birthday party.  This would be a Saturday Night Live-themed party. 

So let’s go back in time and I’ll fill you in on all the Fun 50 Festivities.  I’ll even let you in on the ending – when it was my turn, I felt fabulous.  

Let’s go back in time, shall we?  

Wayne's World Dissolve GIF - Flashback Dissolve Funny GIFs

2 comments: